Newcastle United fans reveal their Allan Saint-Maximin sale fears

Newcastle United fans fear the club may cash in on one of their prized assets this summer to boost a reportedly meagre transfer budget.

Friday, 4th June 2021, 1:38 pm

We asked supporters to let us know their thoughts as part of our end of season NUFC survey – and they believe this summer could turn out to be a nervy one of Tyneside, with fears Allan Saint-Maximin, or others, could be sold off to help fund a squad reboot at St James’ Park.

A total of 1,619 people were asked: ‘do you think Newcastle United will hang on to all of their top assets, the likes of Allan Saint-Maximin, this summer?’.

And the results were less than conclusive with fans unsure as to how the next few months could play out.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Newcastle United fans have been having their say on whether the club will hold on to all of their big players this summer.

‘No’ returned a vote of 50.5%, while ‘yes’ got the remaining 49.5% in the tightest poll of the whole survey.

We then asked: ‘again with budgets tight, would you be in favour of Newcastle United selling one of their major assets in order to further strengthen the squad?’.

This poll, however, produced a more conclusive result.

Some 86.2% of fans polled said they were NOT in favour of the Magpies selling one of their best players this summer in order to strengthen elsewhere, while 13.8% could see the benefit in doing so.

Newcastle United remain keen to hang on to Saint-Maximin and other stars such as Martin Dubravka, Miguel Almiron and Callum Wilson – but could a sizeable bid turn heads? Only time will tell...