Firefighters have revealed the cause of a blaze which tore through a Sunderland garage, causing damage to two cars.
Crews from Sunderland Central and Farringdon were called to a garage fire on Ripon Street, Roker, on Monday afternoon.
Firefighters arrived at the scene at around 2.45pm and spent just over an hour tackling the flames.
And now Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service have confirmed that the cause of the fire was accidental.
During the incident residents were advised by the fire service to keep windows and doors closed due to the large amount of smoke.