All the Washington pubs which have confirmed they are opening outdoor areas on April 12
Twelve pubs in Washington have confirmed that they will be welcoming customers again on Monday, April 12.
From that date, pubs in England expect to be able to provide table service to customers sitting outdoors. Some pubs have extended outdoor seating, while others are making full use of existing beer gardens, or a pavement licence. All the venues are crossing their fingers for sunny weather.
Some are by booking only, while others are on a first come, first served basis.
Not every Washington pub has announced their intentions, while some have yet to agree exactly which hours they will keep. However, the following 12 say they will provide table service and have confirmed as much, either directly to the Echo or through their social media pages.
- The Blue Bell in Usworth, will open from 4pm and has extended its covered areas outdoors. The Cherry Tree on Goldcrest Road, Ayton Village will open. Bookings can be made by telephone.
- The Courtyard (Arts Centre Washington) opens Monday to Thursday 3pm-9pm, Friday to Sunday 12pm-9pm. Food is being served. Maximum of six per table. Track and trace information is requested.
- The Havelock on Bonemill Lane has tables on a first come first served basis. The Highwayman in Lambton is open 10am-10pm. The Honest Boy in Blackfell will be open, as will its sister pub the Ox & Plough in Oxclose village centre.
- The River Bar on Bonemill Lane, Fatfield plans to open from noon to 11pm. Teal Farm on Edale Close will open, where bookings can be made by telephone.
- Victoria Inn on Oxclose Road opens Monday to Thursday 3pm-9pm, first come first served. Friday to Sunday is 12pm-9pm when bookings are required. Live music Sunday 3pm-5pm.
- The Washington Arms in Washington Village is opening its beer garden. Ring the pub on April 12 to book. The Wheelhouse in Albany village will open at noon.
- William de Wessyngton in Concord plans to open. Further details are not yet available, but most Wetherspoon’s pubs will open from 9am-9pm Sunday to Thursday, 9am to 10pm Friday and Saturday).
All details are subject to change and customers are advised to check pubs’ websites, social media or to call them beforehand.