The local might not have a quiz right now... so here are 30 pub quiz questions
Are you a general knowledge genius? Have a bash at our latest pub quiz. With bars in certain parts of the North East opening for shorter hours, it’s the nearest you might get.
There are 30 general knowledge questions.Answers are at the end. Good luck and no cheating mind.
1. Which footballer moved from Newcastle United to Manchester United for a free transfer in 2009?
2. Which US Supreme Court judge died in September 2020?
3. What connects the comedians Frank Skinner, Benny Hill, Billy Connolly, Peter Kay and Ken Dodd?
4. What was the name of Don Quixote’s sidekick?
5. The 2010 comedy drama Rock & Chips, starring James Buckley and Kellie Bright, was a spin-off from which television series?
6. What is the ordinal of the number 10?
7. Who lived at 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey?
8. Which British fashion designer died in February 2010 aged 40?
9. Which 1498 mural was damaged in 1652 when a hole was knocked in the wall to make a doorway?
10. Which comedian co-wrote the musical The Beautiful Game with Andrew Lloyd Webber in 2000?
11. In which sport do competitors attempt to ‘ride the tube’?
12. What sort of books did Elmore Leonard and P.D. James write?
13. In chemistry, which element does an ‘organic compound’ always contain?
14. In which television comedy did Ashley Jensen play an actress called Maggie Jacobs?
15. Give any year in the life of Vasco da Gama.
16. Which vegetable was famously disliked by President George Bush Snr?
17. In which novel and play is the main female character called Wendy Darling?
18. Which comedian was born in County Wicklow, Ireland in 1972 and has a degree in theoretical physics from University College, Dublin?
19. Which is the most heavily populated city in Texas?
20. What is the name of the former chief executive of the Royal Bank of Scotland, who presided over a £24billion loss before taking early retirement and a massive pension?
21. Which song contains the lyrics ‘Ground floor, perfumery, stationery and leather goods, wigs and haberdashery, kitchenware and food. Going up...’?
22. Which US food company took over Cadbury’s in 2010?
23. Which BBC current affairs programme was first broadcast in 1980?
24. Which 1981 horror film required an eight hour make up job for its star, David Naughton?
25. In the New Testament, who was the son of Elizabeth and Zacharia?
26. Which is the world’s longest mountain range at over 7,000 miles?
27. What is Gordon Brown’s middle name?
28. Who was the host of ITV’s Supermarket Sweep when it was first broadcast in 1993?
29. Who is Joe Biden’s running mate at the 2020 US Presidential election?
30. What was the name of David Hasselhoff’s 2006 autobiography? A) Hollywood Knight B) Planet Surf C) Making Waves D) Hofficer and a Gentleman
1. Michael Owen 2. Ruth Bader Ginsburg 3. They have all had UK number one singles 4. Sancho Panza 5. Only Fools and Horses 6. Tenth 7. Harry Potter (and the Dursleys) 8. Alexander McQueen 9. The Last Supper 10. Ben Elton 11. Surfing 12. Crime fiction 13. Carbon 14. Extras 15. From 1460 to 1524 16. Broccoli 17. Peter Pan 18. Dara Ó Briain 19. Houston 20. Fred Goodwin (formerly Sir Fred) 21. The theme song from Are You Being Served? 22. Kraft 23. Newsnight 24. An American Werewolf In London 25. John the Baptist 26. The Andes 27. Gordon (he is actually James Gordon Brown) 28. Dale Winton 29. Kamala Harris 30. C) Making Waves