General knowledge pub quiz questions to use in your online quiz
It’s a bit of fun for you to try each day. The answers are at the end, but try not to peek.
No arguing mind – and definitely no cheating!
1) What was the name of the 2017 benefit concert in Manchester which shares its name with a Bob Marley song?
2) Who became Prime Minister of Pakistan in August 2018?
3) Who replaced Ardal O’Hanlan as the star of Death in Paradise in February 2020?
4) In which Shakespeare play does Portia impersonate a judge?
5) In 2019, which retailer was the largest company in the world by revenue with over $500 billion a year?
6) Which famous politician became the MP for Maidenhead in 1997?
7) Which American actress married the singer-songwriter Neil Young in 2018?
8) Name either the singer or the author, who are connected by their work, who respectively turned 60 and 200 on July 30, 2018.
9) Which Nick Hornby novel was turned into a 2002 film starring Hugh Grant?
10) Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg (The Master-Singers of Nuremberg) is probably the longest commonly performed opera at four-and-a-half hours (if you’re lucky). Who composed it?
1) One Love 2) Imran Khan 3) Ralf Little 4) The Merchant of Venice 5) Walmart 6) Theresa May 7) Daryl Hannah 8) Kate Bush or Emily Brontë, both of Wuthering Heights fame 9) About a Boy 10) Richard Wagner