Do you know what a Snellen chart is? 30 quiz questions to keep you occupied this weekend
There are 30 general knowledge questions in total. Pit yourself against family and friends. If you win, don’t forget to gloat.
1. As of February 7, 2021, which music star has been dead for longer than he was alive?
2. What connects Theodore Roosevelt 1906, Woodrow Wilson 1919, Barack Obama 2009 and the International Campaign to abolish Nuclear Weapons in 2017?
3. Who was the most famous mistress of Charles II?
4. Which band had a 1976 album called Arrival?
5. Who did John Bercow replace as Speaker of the House of Commons in 2009?
6. In which North East town was Steve Cram born?
7. Which knight played the novelist and conman Mel Hutchwright in 10 episodes of Coronation Street in 2005?
8. Which team won the 2021 Super Bowl?
9. What is the name of Boris Johnson’s parliamentary constituency?
10. Which Scottish actress and former Doctor Who? companion plays the baddie Nebula in the Guardians of the Galaxy films?
11. In which country was the actor Christopher Plummer born?
12. Who was assassinated in Tamil Nadu by Thenmozhi Rajaratnam in 1991?
13. Which Australian city is named after William Lamb, a British 19th century Prime Minister?
14. Born in 1936, what did Jorge Mario Bergoglio become better known as?
15. Which 1980s singer had a backing group called The Commotions?
16. Within ten years, in which year did the artist LS Lowry die?
17. Who was the host of Catchphrase between 1986 and 1999?
18. Which is the world’s highest capital city, 2,800m above sea level?
19. Who would use a Snellen chart?
20. Give any year in the life of Richard the Lionheart.
21. What is Schubert’s Symphony No. 8 in B minor more commonly known as?
22. Who wrote the 1954 novel Lucky Jim?
23. In which British city is Strangeways Prison?
24. Who in 1977 declared himself: “His Excellency President for Life Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor, Victoria Cross, Distinguished Service Order, Military Cross, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in general”?
25. In February 2020, who became the first batsman to score a double century in his 100th test match?
26. What is the capital of Cambodia?
27. Who wrote the monologue television series Talking Heads?
28. Which was the first Bond film to star Daniel Craig?
29. Which girl group had a UK top 10 hit in 2009 with a cover of Depeche Mode’s Just Can’t Get Enough?
30. Who was born in the West Yorkshire town of Keighley on April 30, 1920?
1. John Lennon 2. Nobel Peace Prize winners 3. Nell Gwyn 4. Abba 5. Michael Martin 6. Gateshead 7. Ian McKellen 8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 9. Uxbridge and South Ruislip 10. Karen Gillan 11. Canada (Toronto) 12. Rajiv Gandhi 13. (second Viscount) Melbourne 14. Pope Francis 15. Lloyd Cole 16. 1976 17. Roy Walker 18. Quito (capital of Ecuador) 19. An optician 20. 12th (1157-1199) 21. The Unfinished Symphony 22. Kingsley Amis 23. Manchester (real name HM Prison Manchester) 24. Idi Amin 25. Joe Root 26. Phnom Penh 27. Alan Bennett 28. Casino Royale (in 2006) 29. The Saturdays 30. Captain Tom Moore