Sunderland AFC takeover news RECAP: Stewart Donald sale latest amid claims of American deal, under-23s beat Fulham plus ex-Wolves defender on trial
Sunderland will be looking to put their defeat to Portsmouth to bed when they travel to Rochdale tomorrow evening.
The Black Cats dropped to sixth in League One following the weekend’s results but still have a game in hand on the teams ahead of them
We’ve also been keeping a close eye on other developments at the Stadium of Light too, amid fresh claims of a potential bid for the club which emerged over the weekend.
Scroll down to catch up with all of today’s SAFC news:
Sunderland AFC takeover news RECAP: 26 October
Last updated: Monday, 26 October, 2020, 17:20
- Sunderland travel to Rochdale on Tuesday evening - keen to bounce back from their defeat to Portsmouth on Saturday
- The Black Cats will be without the suspended Luke O’Nien
- Meanwhile, takeover talk has once again emerged onto the agenda amid reports of American interest
- Sunderland Under-23s beat Fulham Under-23s 5-3 at the Academy of Light this afternoon.
- Trialist Connor Johnson played for the Black Cats after being released by Wolves.
Thanks for joining us today
We’re signing off for today but have more news and analysis on the SAFC section of the Echo website.
We’ll also have all the details following this evening’s FA Cup first-round draw.
See you soon.
FA Cup draw details
Sunderland will discover their FA Cup first-round opponents this evening.
The draw will take place at around 7:10pm on Monday evening ahead of Bishop's Stortford’s clash with St Albans City, which will be televised on BT Sport.
Supporters will also be able to watch the draw on the FA Cup’s Twitter and Facebook platforms.
Back to winning ways
Benji Kimpioka added a second goal as Sunderland claimed a 5-3 win over Fulham in Premier League 2, Division 2.