Warning after unattended cooking leads to fire in Sunderland

Fire crews have warned residents after a grill pan fire in Sunderland started when cooking was left unattended.

Monday, 10th September 2018, 20:53 pm
Updated Monday, 10th September 2018, 21:02 pm
The fire happened at a property in Sea View Road West. Picture credit: Google

Crews from Sunderland Central and Farringdon fire stations were called to the fire in a kitchen in Sea View Road West, Sunderland.

No one was injured in the fire.

Crews were called at 5.28pm and left the scene at 5.51pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A spokesman for Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue said: "Crews were called to a two story semi-detached property to a kitchen fire.

"The grill pan was 60% severely damaged by fire and heat and the kitchen was 10% lightly damaged by smoke damage."

The remainder of the property was not damaged.

The spokesman added: "This was cooking left unattended. Thankfully no one was hurt."