The top 25 signs that you're ready for a break
Putting milk in the cupboard and cereal in the fridge? Entering a room and forgetting what you went in for? These are key signs you need a break, according to new research.
A study of 2,000 people revealed the top 25 signs you need a getaway - including swearing more often, repeatedly hitting snooze on the alarm and forgetting a loved one's birthday.
Having a messy house but not wanting want to tidy it, getting into a mild rage when queuing in the supermarket or eating more and more comfort food are also signs you need a break.
While no longer having the energy to make small talk at work and over-reacting when your work computer crashes are more reasons for some time away.
TOP 25 SIGNS YOU NEED A BREAK
1. The house is messy and you have no motivation to tidy it up
2. Start eating increasing amounts of comfort food
3. Regularly experiencing mild rage when the supermarket queue is taking too long
4. You enter a room and can't remember what you went into there for
5. You hit snooze on your morning alarm one too many times
6. Finding yourself swearing more often
7. Calling people by the wrong name
8. Putting milk in the cupboard and cereal in the fridge
9. You can no longer muster the will to make small talk at work
10. Spending more time daydreaming than your actual day job
11. Forgetting a loved one's birthday
12. Finding more grey hairs
13. Over-reaction when your computer crashes at work
14. Shouting at the TV more regularly than usual
15. Talking to yourself more often, and thinking it is totally normal
16. Your to-do list looks like more of a novel - and you can't face starting it
17. You've used up your weekly wine allowance, and its only Wednesday
18. When you find yourself looking over old travel pictures
19. Driving past your junction on your way home from work
20. You've upped your coffee intake by at least three cups per day
21. Counting down the days until the kids return to school
22. Secretly wanting a dislike button on social media to use when friends share their holiday pictures
23. Spending more money on the lottery
24. Forgetting a colleague's name
25. Leaving the house with your slippers on
Andrew Denton, director of communications from Best Western Great Britain, which carried out the research, said: "We want Brits to feel better this year which is why we are launching a competition to give away a year's worth of stays, so people can stop shouting at the telly, leave their supermarket rage at home, pack their bags and enjoy the feeling of getting away.
"Best Western has been helping people get away from it all, discover new things, relax and recharge for over 70 years, so we know how amazing it feels to take regular breaks."
If you’ve used up your wine allowance by Wednesday - you could be due a break. Pic: Shutterstock.