Sunderland woman suffers burns after battery bursts in trousers

A woman suffered burns to her leg after a battery burst in her trousers.

Wednesday, 20th June 2018, 10:04 am
Updated Wednesday, 20th June 2018, 10:11 am
Picture by Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue Service

Tyne and Wear First and Rescue service have issued a warning after the incident in Sunderland this week.

" A loose battery in her pocket ruptured, burning her trousers and causing burns on her right thigh," the service posted on its Twitter account.

Picture by Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue Service

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

"Please take care with all batteries, especially rechargeable ones, and remember to recycle them safely when they're done."

Picture by Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue Service