Sunderland school celebrates record GCSE results
A Sunderland schoool has recorded its best ever GCSE results.
More students than ever before at Academy 360 achieved Grade 4+ passes – grade C and better under the old grading system.
Principal Rachel Donohue attributed the record GCSE success to the hard work of committed students and staff in a learning environment promoting aspirations.
GCSE highlights at Academy 360 include:
• 51% of students achieving 4+ grades in English;
• 51% of students achieving 4+ grades in Maths;
• 55% of students achieving 4+ grades in Science;
• Three students secured Grade 8 in Maths;
• Two students scored Grade 8 in English Literature;
• One student gained a Grade 8 in Science and in Geography;
• In ICT, 50% of the cohort achieved Grade A or B.
"I’m delighted with our GCSE results - they reflect the sheer determination and drive of students and staff to achieve better outcomes," said Ms Donohue.
"There has been a real culture shift at Academy 360; we now have a culture where there is a strong desire to achieve well and expectations are higher than ever.
"I’m very proud of what has been achieved and would like to thank the staff for their relentless effort to deliver excellence.
"We’ve strengthened our middle leadership team and identified talented teachers and invested in them. Our results show that this investment has paid off for our students.
"Our students should be proud of what they have achieved; education opens doors of opportunity and we encourage them to continue to aim high as they move to their chosen destination in further education, apprenticeships or employment."