Sunderland garage fire sees washing machine and dryer destroyed

A tumble dryer and washing machine were destroyed in a fire at a detached Sunderland house.

Tuesday, 31st July 2018, 6:52 am
Updated Tuesday, 31st July 2018, 6:58 am
Munslow Road in Farringdon, Sunderland. Copyright Google Maps.

Officers from Farringdon and Sunderland Central fire stations were called to Munslow Road in Farringdon shortly after 11am yesterday.

A blaze had broken out in a detached garage of a property.

A tumble dryer and washing machine were destroyed by the flames while a utility room was heavily damaged by fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Two officers wearing breath apparatus used one hose reel to put the fire out before using positive pressure ventilation to clear the smoke.

It is thought that the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

No-one was injured.