Firefighters have been called to three separate domestic fires across the North East in the last 10 days, prompting them to give advice to members of the public about the importance of keeping safe while cooking.
The accidental incidents have caused significant smoke and fire damage to kitchen units, ceilings, fixtures and fittings.
In all three fires, the occupants receive either none or only minor injuries but crews have warned that these types of fires can easily spread throughout the property.
13 pictures as Sunderland fans celebrate promotion in the city centre
13 fantastic pictures from the STACK at Seaburn as Sunderland clinch play-off final win
'Everyone loved him' - Family pay tribute after funeral of motorcycle crash victim Anthony 'Buster' Kirtley
13 of your fan pictures ahead of Sunderland's League One play-off final at Wembley
Tributes paid to ‘massive’ Sunderland fan Tony Staplin after tragic death in County Durham crash
As a result, Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service (TWFRS) has issued the following tips:
*Ensure ovens and grill pans are free from grease.
*Never leave combustibles close to heat sources.
*Be mindful of loose clothing when cooking.
*Exchange chip pans for deep fat fryer or use oven chips.
*Never cook when under the influence of alcohol or when tired.
*In the event of a fire, get out, stay out and dial 999, close doors as you exit and never tackle fires yourself.
Members of the public are also reminded that the TWFRS can fit smoke alarms and heat detectors free of charge as part of their “Safe and Well” visits.
You can arrange a visit via the TWFRS website or by calling 0800 032 7777 for free.