Resident burned by a blazing chip pan in Sunderland home

A householder suffered a minor burn after a chip pan caught fire.

Friday, 23rd December 2016, 8:50 pm
Updated Thursday, 29th December 2016, 2:11 pm
Chip pan fire in Sunderland.

Firefighters from Fulwell, Sunderland Central and Farringdon were called to Sea View Gardens where the pan was ablaze.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The occupants were self-rescued before the arrival of the fire services.

One person needed treatment from paramedics for a minor burn.

The blaze was confined to the kitchen causing damage to the cooker and some nearby clothes.