Police Commissioner will open Women's Day event
Peterlee Memorial Methodist Church is to host a Women's Day event.
Women from the area are being invited to come along to get pampered, and try out free activities, including dance, get free food and drink, and learn about events going on in the local community.
Durham Police and Crime Commissioner Ron Hogg will officially open the event on Tuesday, March 8, at 11am. The activities run until 2pm.
The itinerary is:
11am Opening – Police and Crime Commissioner Ron Hogg.
11.10am – noon – Bollywood Dancing - Sangini (a workshop will follow in the 100 Room, giving women the opportunity to learn Bollywood dance).
Noon-12.45pm – Hula-hoop display with opportunity to take part – JR Fitness.
12.45pm-1.30pm Dance Display – Nouveau Fitness.
1.30pm - Bollywood display with participants from workshop.
Also included in the event will be:
• Promotional displays from domestic abuse network members.
• Henna Artist – provided by the Halo Project.
• Beauty Therapy.
• Health and Wellbeing display, including health checks.
• Debt and fuel poverty advice, provided by East Durham Trust.
• Craft corner for younger children, with support from Blackhall Children’s Centre.
• Free Afternoon tea with cakes provided by Blackhall Women’s Institute.
• General arts and crafts with support from East Durham Trust/Colour Your Life.
• East Durham Creates information.
For more details, contact Lindsey or Jess on 0191 5693511.