Woman suffers burns to arm after garden gate blaze

A woman was left with burns to her arm after trying to put out a fire in her garden.

By Sophie Brownson
Sunday, 21 April, 2019, 09:52
Firefighters were called to Simonburn, in Oxclose, Washington. Image by Google Maps.

Firefighters from Washington were called to Simonburn in Oxclose, Washington, at 9.36pm on Saturday night to tackle a garden gate that was on fire.

A woman who lived at the property suffered superficial burns to her left forearm as she attempted to put out the fire before crews arrived.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

She was treated at the scene by paramedics, but didn't require hospital treatment.