Family flee Sunderland house fire

The occupants of a house were forced to flee the property after a cooker blaze.

Friday, 23rd August 2019, 08:59 am
Updated Friday, 23rd August 2019, 09:00 am
Roker Park Terrace.

Three Sunderland fire crews spent nearly 25 minutes tackling the kitchen fire at Roker Park Terrace, Sunderland, at 6.06pm on Thursday night.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the incident at the mid-terraced property was caused after a boiling pan was left unattended.

The pan and an extractor fan were destroyed while the kitchen ceiling suffered smoke damage.