Northern League: Last-gasp Chester-le-Street seal cup final date against Ryton & Crawcrook Albion

Chester-le-Street clinched their place in the Ernest Armstrong Memorial Cup last night.

Friday, 4th May 2018, 7:30 am
Chester-le-Street manager Colin Wake

They stunned high-flying Northallerton Town with a last-gasp 1-0 victory in their semi-final, with Andy Clarkson netting the only goal in the 91st minute.

They will play Ryton & Crawcrook Albion in the final at neutral Consett tomorrow week, after Albion rocked another promotion-chasing side, Hebburn Town, winning 2-1.

Ryton took the lead on 63 minutes, when Tyler Davis scored direct from a free-kick.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Martyn Hepple made it 2-0 in the 79th minute, though Craig Malley pulled one back soon after.

Consett will also host the Brooks Mileson Memorial League Cup final on May 12, with Bishop Auckland to face Dunston UTS.

Bishop Auckland saw off Newcastle Benfield 4-2 on penalties after a close-fought 1-1 semi-final draw.

The deadlock was not broken until the 85th minute, with Bishops taking the lead through Stuart Thompson’s header.

Richard Slaughter equalised in the last minute to take the tie to a shoot-out.

Bishops held their nerve to win 4-2 on penalties.

In the other semi, Dunston were good 3-1 winners away to Wembley-bound FA Vase finalists Stockton Town.

Dunston went ahead through Liam Thear on 15 minutes and Thear doubled their lead just before the hour mark.

Sonni Coleman threw Stockton a lifeline on 80 minutes, but Thear completed his hat-trick in the last minute to confirm Dunston’s progress.

In the Second Division last night, Willington beat Second Division leaders Blyth 1-0, making them wait to clinch promotion to the top flight.

Substitute Ryan Cummings gave the home side the lead on 53 minutes, scoring from close range.

Daniel Wilson missed a penalty for Blyth in the 73rd minute, with goalkeeper Lewis Graham making a great save.

Crook Town lost 3-0 to Heaton Stannington at Consett.

Jon Wright scored from close range just before the break. Abu Salim rounded the goalkeeper to score Heaton’s second in the 70th minute and Joe Wear made it 3-0 late on.

Bedlington Terriers beat Alnwick Town 3-1, thanks to Stephen Young (2) and Jack Foalie, with Darren Riddell replying.