A HOST of events are planned for the Sunderland Live Fringe Festival.
Here are some of the highlights:
* Saturdays and Sundays and Bank Holiday Monday from noon to 5pm at Park Lane, High Street West and the Bridges: Squares and Corners – a programme of music street entertainment.
* May 29, 2pm to 7pm at Mowbray Park: Party in the Park – bring a picnic and rug for an afternoon of live music from Chased by Wolves and Sharks Took The Rest.
* May 30, noon - 5pm at Mowbray Park: Live funk and soul with Nick Pride & The Pimptones, Soul Technique, Saint & The Cynics and Village Soul DJs.
* June 4, noon to 5pm at Park Lane: Sounds of Park Lane – an afternoon of emerging North East bands and DJs including The Castells, Pilots, Athletes in Paris, Mausi and Polar Sets.
* May 30 - June 3: An opportunity for young people to take part in free music workshops which will culminate in a performance at Independent on June 11.
* May 27- June 17 at venues across the city: Tunstall Hill sessions – audio and visual exhibition of performances from Coal Train, The Lake Poets, Barry Hyde from The Futureheads and more.
* May 29, 3pm at Roker Park bandstand: Mass Take That dance session
* May 30, 1pm-5pm at Roker Park bandstand: Live festival of brass music and outdoor performances of Shall We Dance by Ragroof Theatre.
* May 27 - June 17: First3songsnoflash – exhibition of work from photographer Ian West who has documented the tours of Frankie & the Heartstrings, The Futureheads and Field Music. Venue to be confirmed.
For more information, visit www.sunderlandlive.co.uk