GUS Poyet’s Sunderland side return to Premier League action tomorrow when they travel to Southampton.
The Saints - who have manager of the month Ronald Koeman in charge - welcome the travelling Black Cat army to St Mary’s Stadium and tickets are still available.
EchoSport has produced a fans’ guide to those making the long trip south to Southampton.
The match (KO 3pm) is a Category C fixture with tickets priced from £32.00 for Adults, £22.00 for concessions, £16.00 for Under-17s and £12.00 for Under-11s.
Tickets can be purchased online at tickets.saintsfc.co.uk, by calling the ticket sales hotline on 02381 780 780 or in person from the St Mary’s Ticket Office.
Southampton’s ticket selling policy does not permit ‘babes in arms’ on matchdays and the club will therefore, not admit supporters with children below the age of 18 months in any section of the ground.
* For those travelling by train, the nearest train station to St Mary’s Stadium is Southampton Central Railway Station (SO15 1AL) and it is only a 20 minute walk away from the stadium.
Sunderland fans walking to the stadium should then follow the walking man on a Brown Sign with a football symbol, which are based in different locations around the City Centre.
* For those in coaches and mini-buses there is FREE parking for away supporters who are travelling either by official supporters coaches, private coaches or minibus on Britannia Road (SO14 5FP)
* Southampton advise all Sunderland fans not to travel by private car into the surrounding areas of the stadium. Due to parking restrictions operating on a match day officials recommend all supporters use local City Council Car Parks.
Recommended City Council Car Parks are:
1. Bedford Place Multi-storey Car Park – SO15 2QW
2. Grosvenor Square Multi-storey Car Park – SO15 2GR
3. West Park Road Multi-storey Car Park – SO15 1AP
4. Marlands Multi-storey Car Park – SO15 1BA
5. Eastgate Multi-storey Car Park – SO14 3HH
* Southampton reserve five disabled car parking spaces for away supporters next to the turnstile they enter. They must be a Blue Badge holder and there will be NO admission to the car park within 40 minutes of kick off due to closures put in place. People are asked to call the operations department on 02380 711966 in advance to secure a parking space.
On the cross roads where Civic Centre Road and New Road meet fans should take a right onto Above Bar Street where they will find Yates’ bar, where visiting supporters are welcome.