Ryhope CW show six appeal to crush Coxhoe in the Wearside League

Have your say

RESULTS could hardly have gone better for Ryhope CW on Saturday.

They hit Coxhoe Athletic for six while their nearest challengers for the championship, Easington Colliery and New Marske, both lost.

There was no stopping Ryhope, even though they failed to find the net in the opening half.

But Coxhoe had Chris Garbutt sent off after half an hour and once Nathan Johnson broke the deadlock on 46 minutes, the floodgates opened.

Ian Ward quickly equalised for Coxhoe, but from then on it was one-way traffic and Ryhope struck five times in 25 minutes.

Clayton Davis rifled a hat-trick and Philip Hall bagged a brace.

Ryhope are now six points adrift of Easington Colliery, with the sides having played the same number of games.

The Colliers went down by the odd goal at Redcar Athletic.

Daniel Drazdauskas was hero and villain for the Seasiders. He brushed aside a defender and slotted the ball under goalkeeper Nicky Lawson after 45 minutes, but in the last minute was sent off for kicking the ball away.

New Marske stay third with three games in hand on the two sides above them.

Ashbrooke Belford House’s form has been inconsistent, but they rose to the occasion and ended New Marske’s recent winning form with a 2-1 victory.

Martin Deacon struck twice in the opening 15 minutes and although Ricky Phillips raised the hopes of his side when he scored on the stroke of half-time, Ashbrooke comfortably held on to their narrow lead.

Houghton Town crashed to a 5-0 defeat against Boldon CA at Leyburn Grove.

Michael Meek struck a hat-trick with Shaun Reay twice on target.

Jonathan Brown and Sarjo Cham (pen) led Kirkbymoorside to victory at Wolviston, for whom Mike Traynor had levelled.

Late in the game Wolviston were denied an equaliser when Adam Magson brilliantly saved a Steve Kilpatrick spot-kick.

Gavin Wilson and Michael Richardson fired Darlington Cleveland Bridge ahead at Stockton Town, who managed only one goal from David Johnson.

Jarrow reached the semi finals of the Wearside League Cup with a last-minute winner from Peter Kane.

Paul Terrell and Kane twice had Jarrow in front, but Windscale levelled through Paul McDermott and Dean Rogers.

Silksworth’s home game with Hartlepool was postponed, as was Annfield Plain’s game at Cleator Moor and Willington’s trip to Prudhoe.