Boldon CA sink Sunderland West End to climb into fourth place in Wearside League table

Sunderland West End (red and white) battle against Jarrow earlier this month
Sunderland West End (red and white) battle against Jarrow earlier this month
Have your say

Sunderland West End could not help out city rivals Silksworth CW last night – as Boldon CA moved into fourth position in the TWR Bifolds Wearside League table.

Paul Mossa’s men climbed above Silksworth into fourth place on the back of a 2-0 home success against West End.

Adam Bell opened the scoring after 23 minutes, when he lobbed goalkeeper Lee Burrell.

The match remained open until the final 10 minutes, when substitute Aaron Williams also lobbed Burrell, making the game safe for Boldon and clinching all three points.

Boldon are now a point better off than Silksworth, who have played a game more.

Coxhoe Athletic travelled to South Shields Reserves and enjoyed a narrow 1-0 away win, thanks to a 21st minute volley from prolific striker Ross Morrow, who gave goalkeeper Andrew Hunter no chance.

Victory rook Coxhoe up to ninth position.

Stokesley SC defeated visitors Hartlepool 4-2.

They went ahead in the second minute after a free-kick ended up in the net, with Rivis getting the last touch, but Luke Naylor squeezed home a leveller from a tight angle.

Rivis’s 25-yarder and an overhead kick completed a memorable treble as Stokesley stormed 3-1 up, but an own goal gave Pool late hope.

Stokesley clinched the points in the 87th minute, when substitute Sean Oddy played a one-two in the box and slid the ball home to make it 4-2.

Cleator Moor Celtic’s game at home to Wolviston was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, leaving them with 13 league games still to play.

In the Ebac Northern League, Division Two leaders Team Northumbria moved five points clear thanks to a dramatic 3-2 come-from-behind win at Crook Town.

Crook took a 34th minute lead when Alex Grocott smashed the ball home from 30 yards into the corner of the net.

The hosts doubled their lead when Christian Holliday drilled a shot into the bottom corner from the edge of the box.

On 72 minutes, Gerard Richardson pulled one back for Team Northumbria, netting from the penalty spot.

With four minutes remaining, Andrei Ardelean made it 2-2 when he controlled the ball in the box and finished well.

Team Northumbria then scored a last-gasp winner when Joel Bradley fired in from close range, at the back post.

Heaton Stannington regained fourth place with a 10th consecutive win, 3-2 at home to Blyth Town.

Jack Errington’s second-minute goal had Blyth ahead until Jonathan Wright levelled on 75 minutes.

Blyth then had Zak Atkinson sent off and Heaton capitalised, with Wright netting again.

Dean Walker rallied Blyth to 2-2 right on time, but Gary Dixon hit Heaton’s winner two minutes into stoppage time.