Siem de Jong hopes to make his comeback for Newcastle United after recovering from a freak accident.
De Jong almost lost his sight after getting poked in the eye during a training session last month.
But the forward – whose career at St James's Park has been beset by injury – has now been cleared to take to the field.
"In the beginning I was worried," said the 27-year-old. "That first day, I couldn’t see anything out of my eye.
“I went to the hospital, there was blood in my eye and I had laser treatment over the next few weeks to get it all fixed and now it’s all better.
“I can start training again so it’s good to be back on the pitch with the rest of my team-mates.
“Before, even though I was fit, I was not allowed to do anything.
“I haven’t trained for three or four weeks now but I’m getting the feeling of normal training again.”
De Jong feels he will need an Under-21 Premier League game before he can be considered for first-team selection at the relegation-threatened club.
However, Peter Beardsley's side is not in action until March 11, when they entertain West Ham United at St James's Park.
“I’m going to see if I can get some minutes for the Under-21s, and then I’ll be ready," said de Jong.
“I haven’t played as much as I would have wanted.
“I want to be involved as much as I can. I need to prove to the manager that I’m fit again, and hopefully I can help the team.”