West End up to third

Have your say

SUNDERLAND West End, one of only three sides still unbeaten, are third-top in the Wearside League following a workmanlike performance to win 2-0 at Hartlepool.

Richie Jordan gave the Wearsiders a 35th-minute lead when he slotted past goalkeeper Anthony Davies after being played in from the left.

Both teams had chances before West End scored the crucial second goal 13 minutes from time. John Cooper produced a clinical finish from the edge of the penalty box which left Davies with little chance of saving.

Leaders Stockton Town, the only side with a 100 per cent record, made it five wins with victory over Horden CW, who suffered a double blow just before the hour mark.

Early in the second half, Kalumn Hannah tapped in a rebound after goalkeeper Joe Atherton had parried a Michael Dunwell shot for the opener.

In the 57th minute, John Pyle was sent off for a handling offence and Dunwell scored the resultant penalty even though Atherton got a hand on the spot-kick.

Shortly afterwards, Hannah volleyed into the net from six yards and there was no way back for the Colliers.

The dismissal of Easington Colliery’s Nicky Doyle after an hour was a pivotal point in their game at Ryhope CW.

John Butler had given Martin Swales’ hosts an early lead, but within seven minutes Michael Patterson restored parity. The Colliers went down to 10 men with the dismissal of Doyle, but Chris Winn skied the resultant penalty over the crossbar.

His miss didn’t matter though and he more than atoned with a hat-trick.

Michael Charlton and James Cook also struck in a 6-1 victory which lifted Ryhope into second place.

Silksworth CW just edged Leam Rangers with an only goal by Rhys Williams, who headed home a corner in the 34th minute.

Ashbrooke Belford House were surprisingly well beaten at Wolviston, who went nap courtesy of debutant Ben Bonner (2), Ryan Hebb (2) and Lee Butterworth.

Stephen Bute levelled for Ashbrooke at one point.

It wasn’t until deep into stoppage time that Redcar Athletic clinched victory over Coxhoe Athletic, who led for an hour through Ben Haddock.

Lance Skelton equalised, but, just when it appeared the game would end even, the Seasiders clinched victory in the 92nd minute.

Alex Anderson found Billy Millington whose first shot was blocked but he followed up to beat goalkeeper Gary Pool with an excellent finish.

Prudhoe Town claimed an initial victory and Boldon CA are still winless after the West Tyne side won with strikes by Stephen Foster (2) and Kai Hewitson.

When manager Jason Jones reduced a two-goal deficit with a direct free-kick, it was all to play for but Hewitson’s late strike ended Boldon’s hopes.

Craig Hutchinson and David Wilson steered Seaton Carew to victory at Richmond Town, whose only reply was a Kalum Holbrook penalty.

Following a heavy defeat in their previous game, Jarrow bounced back at Annfield Plain as the goals flowed from Grant Pressling (2), Chris McDonald and Andrew Wilkinson.

Harton and Westoe were hit for six at Cleator Moor Celtic and have now conceded 17 times in four games. Leigh Dunn rifled a hat-trick, with Rhys Little, Craig Scott and Tom Mahon also on target.

Harton had Shaun Flood sent off in the 40th minute and Graeme Tiffin was red-carded five minutes from the end.