Sunderland Sunday League: Walton runs the show as TS Potters depose Premier leaders with seven-goal super show

Sunderland West End (yellow shirts) battle Silksworth CW in the Wearside League last weekend
Sunderland West End (yellow shirts) battle Silksworth CW in the Wearside League last weekend
Have your say

TS Potters ran out convincing winners in their top-of-the-table Premier Division clash, thumping Farringdon Detached 7-2 to go into pole position themselves.

Star man Joe Walton and Kieran Martin caused Farringdon havoc and both bagged doubles.

Mark Robinson and David Stevens replied for Farra, but they made it hard from themselves when Alex McDonald got his marching orders.

Potters then took over and Brad Forster, Danny Martin and Kyle Young put Farringdon to the sword. Marshall Hall stood out for Detached.

Hendon moved to the top of the First Division with a dominant 4-1 win over Thorney Close Inn. Man of the match Martin Thompson scored twice before Thorney’s Kyle Gibson reduced the deficit.

But Hendon were comfortable and they sealed victory with Callum Redpath’s goal and a rocket from Brad Davis.

Ryhope Top House enjoyed a good 4-1 win at Stumble Inn.

Josh Winthrop, Carl Young, Elliot Tench and Paul Brooke all scored before Andrew Dodsworth hit a late reply. Keeper Ayden Cummings shone for Stumble, as did opposite number Chris Wright.

Ryhope New Railway narrowly overcame Westmount 4-3 in an entertaining Third Division thriller.

Steven Dixon claimed a hat-trick for Westmount, but it wasn’t enough as New Railway had Dan Winterburn, Lee Patton, Paul Jackson and Kurt Jenkins to thank for a deserved win.

Grange Park embarrassed youthful Wearmouth CW Juniors with an 11-0 walloping.

Four-goal Shaun Fisk and Liam Grimes (2) had Grange Park 6-0 up at the break and it was more of the same in the second half.

Ryan Grimes, Rowe, Smith and Wayne Taylor all scored past poor Patrick Crombie in the Wearmouth goal.

The Dolphin secured three easy points with a 4-0 win over hapless Railway Tavern.

Stephen Howat scored a brace, followed by goals from Jon Bradley and star man Lee Etheridge.

Wear United moved fourth in the table after a 3-0 win over Millfield Oddies.

Oddies had first-half chances but failed to break the deadlock, and United got on the front foot after the break.

Richie Morton broke the deadlock, with Mick Smith influential in the build-up. He set up Morton again for the second, before the striker finished another fine move to seal his hat-trick.

Oddies resorted to Hollywood efforts but failed to find a way back. Strikes from Jon Snelling and a Sean Williams brace gave Penshaw a narrow 3-2 win over TC.

Darren Flynn shone for TC, whose marksmen were Matthew Mckenzie and Michael Mather. Keeper Dom O’Neill starred for Penshaw, with Darren Flynn best for TC.

Danny Pattison was in fine form for Silksworth Catholic Club as he notched a tidy hat-trick in a 6-2 win at The Park.

Man of the match Dean Smart increased their lead with a fierce effort before Connor Gales and Jordan Ayre got Park back in it.

But Catholic Club made sure of the win with goals from Eddy Wood and Ian Donkin.

In Division Two, Lakeside SSC suffered another defeat, 2-0 at Victory Club as star man Martin McCririck and Steven Jackson struck, with John Wilson top man for Lakeside.

O’Brien Waste Recycling won well in their rearranged Durham County Sunday Cup tie, sinking New Brancepeth WMC 4-1. Stevey Anderson, Billy Harrison and Billy Robson (2) did the damage.

Mark Dolan’s career looks in tatters for O’Brien as he was introduced late on and lasted two minutes before begging to come off!

The McNulty brothers earned Redhouse Last Orders progress in the Total Sport Challenge Cup.

Neil McNulty hit the first before Liam Middlemas replied for Cherry Tree, but Marc McNulty came off the bench to grab Redhouse’s winner. Jack Bennett starred.