Sunderland Sunday League: Redhouse Last Orders on the up with victory at Royal Marine

Royal Marine, beaten 4-2 by Redhouse Last Orders last weekend
Royal Marine, beaten 4-2 by Redhouse Last Orders last weekend
Have your say

Only three games beat last week’s rain and snow – and Redhouse Last Orders will be glad that The Royal Marine managed to stage their First Division fixture.

A 4-2 victory took them top of the table, ahead of O’Brien Waste Recycling by a point, albeit having played a game more.

The game got off to a good start for Royal Marine as their forward line tested Neil Middlemiss in the Redhouse goal.

But it was the visitors who started the scoring, when Marc Moon finished a flowing move orchestrated by Callum Waddle.

Redhouse soon doubled their lead after more good football from the centre of the park, Andrew Arnold finding the net with a scorching effort.

Royal Marine then started to play a bit better and they beat the impressive Middlemiss to reduce the deficit.

Stephen Grosert did the damage after previously been denied by the keeper.

Marine then shocked the visitors by catching them napping to level things, Andy Gilbert finishing off a great counter-attack move.

After the break it was a different story. Just has Marine were looking for all three points, Redhouse immediately found the net through Craig Richardson to restore their lead.

Marine were now on the back foot and Redhouse dominated the rest of the game. Norman Newton came of the bench and quickly scored to seal all three points.

Anthony Mullen shone for Last Orders, with Gilbert best for the hosts.

The trusty Hylton Road playing fields were in great condition for Willow Pond to beat Harbour View with ease.

Willow are looking good for promotion and can still boast a 100% league record, six wins out of six, following this 4-0 cruise.

Connor Gales was on fire in front of goal, hitting a brace. Neil McNulty was also among the goals again to make 3-0, then Mark Cresswell bagged a great goal from midfield to put Harbour View out of their misery.

Adam McDermott starred in goal for Willow

The only other game to get the green light was in the Fourth Division. Ryhope CW were on the end of another defeat, 4-1 at Westmount.

Westmount took advantage of the hapless away side and ran out easy winners. Brett Dealwis earned the man-of-the-match award after he netted a hat-trick.

Daryl Atkinson made it 4-0 for Westmount before star man Gavin McAnaney managed to hit a consolation goal for bottom club Ryhope.

Westmount’s fifth league win took them up a place to sixth.