Sunderland Sunday League: Guide Post stunner as Spence rocks Plains Farm

Have your say

GUIDE Post sent shock waves through the Premier Division as they stunned defending champions Humbledon & Plains Farm to claim a hard-fought 1-1 draw.

Since Steven Hutchinson left the helm, Plains Farm have had a few issues, and this was another shock to their system.

Joe Walton fired Plainsy into an early lead, but Guide held firm and Dale Spence fired past Henderson to equalise.

Guide could have snatched the win at the death but Plains Farm will be happy with the point.

Leaders Farringdon ISL edged a fine 2-1 win at Sandhills. Jordan Murray had Sandhills in front, but Paul Taylor rolled back the years with an excellent finish to pull Farringdon level.

Sub Tom Callaghan then bagged a late winner.

RCA Grangetown Florists cruised to a 5-1 derby win at Ryhope CW.

Bri Norton fired RCA into the lead and a quick Andy Place double extended the lead. Ryhope hit back with Anth Rogerson’s header, but Florists hit back with further goals from Metcalfe and Petch

Captain marvel Kyle Sumner hit an early brace to set Myers on the way to a 4-1 victory at SR Dons. Dugdale increased the lead before ohn Noble reduced the deficit. Liam Lay capped a superb all-round display with a fine solo goal to finish the scoring.

Stackyard produced a fantastic 4-1 First Division win against South Hylton Potters, who were still licking their wounds from their County Cup exit.

Willie Crew was back to his goalscoring feats with a well-taken brace. Stu Carney hit the next for Stackyard before Stephen Lax replied with a 20-yard stunner.

Jake Baker wrapped things up with a stunning volley.

Luke Olabode continued his goalscoring steak with a first-half brace as The Ashbrooke defeated Thorney Close Inn 3-1.

Micky Noble hit back for Thorney, but Martin Deacon went on a mazy run to slot past Jackson to ensure a home victory.

Leaders Southwick recorded another win, 3-0 at neighbours Grange Park, who pulled in a good crowd. James Dickinson hit a brace and Micky Bulmer made it three.

Hendersons Butchers are hot on the heels of Southwick after battering Ryhope Top House 4-0 to sit pretty in second place.

Carl Old and Dan Makin put them on top, then Edmundson increased their lead.

The goal of the game came after Humble floated the ball to Martin Hope, who produced a fantastic overhead kick into the top corner.

The game was marred by Luke Morrow’s fifth-minute red card.

Martin Telfer Carpets had only themselves to blame for dropping two points away to Railway Club in Division Four.

They were 3-0 up with goals from Knight, Trotter and Clinton, but the Railway started to get at their visitors and rallied with a great Brannan goal. Sub Jak Thompson scored with his first chance, then Tyzack grabbed a dramatic equaliser.

Unite New Herrington Club and Oddfellows Arms shared the spoils in an eight-goal thriller.

Oddfellows let the lead slip a few times, but Wood, Brown, Ganley and Gardner earned their point. Bignell, Jordan, Kane and Snelling responded.

Ashbrooke Sports Club continued their winning streak with a 6-3 success at Jollies.

Teasdale and a Michael Brown hat-trick got Ashbrooke off to a great start before Reece Young hit a brace to reduce the scoreline.

Ridley then grabbed a brace to make sure of the win, though Gordon scored another late on for Jollies.

New Town had McIlduff and Thompson on target in a 2-2 draw with TEF RA, with Devlin and Stokoe replying.

The Lansdowne secured a comfortable 5-0 win over Tunstall Titans. Star man Shaun Smith hit a well-taken brace, followed by goals from Hindmarch, Tyson and Jack Stanger to finish the rout.

GBSC thrashed Millfield Oddies 6-1. Wigham hit a brace, while Weir matched him with two fine goals. Dagg and sub Ralph Dodds made it six before Stoker responded.

Farringdon Detached extended their lead at the top of Division Two with a convincing 4-0 victory at Mill View CIU.

Jack Lloyd shone for Mill View but could not help find the net. Paddy South (2), Stevens and McKeown gave Detached the points.

Lakeside SSC and Pennywell Comrades drew 4-4 in a real thriller.

Paul Stephenson had a hand in all four goals for Lakeside, with Simpson (2), Usher and Cullen netting, but Pennywell hit back with goals from Cummings, Howell and Glenwright (2).

Welcome Tavern were brought back down to earth as Royal Marine earned a 3-1 win.

Neil McNulty fired Welcome in front, but three quick goals through Collins, Marshall and Berry turned it around.

With Julio Arca having a day off, Willow Pond went down by the odd goal in 11 to The Cliff, who ran out 6-5 victors.

Stewart, French, Udale and a Paul Muir hat-trick did the damage for Cliff, whole Connor Gales (2), Cassap (2) and Bland responded.

Vane Arms won 5-2 at Victory Club as braces from Adam Cushingham and Brian Carter led the way. Mark Wasey also notched.

Wayne Davis made goalscoring look easy on his return for The Dolphin, firing a well-taken brace to set up a much-needed 4-0 Third Division win over Washington New Tavern.

Nath Coomber and Martin completed the scoring.

Managerless Washington Wetherspoons are going through a bad patch, with Wear United showing no mercy in a dominant 3-0 victory, with Chris Brown hitting a fine hat-trick.

Jolly Potters put up little fight against Washington Colliery. Cummings had Potters in front, but the joy was shortlived as Rowntree, Naisbett and Maggiore sealed Colliery’s 3-1 success.