Sunderland Sunday League: Clinical Kieron fires Foresters to cup success

Victoria Gardens (white) battle Ryhope CW.
Victoria Gardens (white) battle Ryhope CW.
Have your say

Kieran Davies was on form as he grabbed a well-taken hat-trick to lead Ryhope Foresters to an impressive 5-2 Durham County Sunday Cup win at Bishop Auckland Sports Bar.

Davies netted the first two, then Dale Spence made it three before Bishop pulled a couple of goals back, but Foresters pushed and further strikes from Davies and James Slack sealed their progress.

A Jordan Howell brace for Pennywell Comrades was enough to see off Lanchester CC. A goal in each half secured the win.

Hendon produced a great result, winning through 4-3 away to a very good Newton Aycliffe Under-23s side.

David Newby started the scoring for Hendon, but the home side went in front with two quick goals, with Lee Welsh at faulinicalt for both.

Hendon then hit back and took the lead when Montgomery grabbed a brace. Aycliffe grabbed a third after Welsh again hit a poor back pass to the keeper and the forward fired home, but Keith Reay spared Welsh’s blushes, grabbing a late winner.

Neil “Macca” McNulty scored a fine goal to send Willow Pond into the next round after they beat Durham Sunday League side Sacriston Cricket Club.

McDermott, in the Willow Pond goal, was man of the match after a host of saves kept his side in the game.

Redhouse Last Orders came out on top in an entertaining tie, beating Ryhope Railway Inn 3-2 away.

Rowlands and Austin scored for Ryhope, but Moon and a Davey Hicks double gave Redhouse the edge.

It was easy pickings for the Ryhope Top House as they had a surprisingly comfortable 3-0 win over Ferryhill Community Hub. Michael Eden and a brace from Rob McConnell sealed the win.

Jolly Potters were convincing 8-1 winners over Consett Finnians.

The visitors could not live with the forward line of Webster and McQuillan. Webster hit a hat trick and McQuillan grabbed a brace. Kyle Hourigan was back to his best with a great performance and further goals from Dodd, Ridley and Baker floored the visitors.

Lakeside SSC gave Hartlepool hosts Manor Mowbray a good run for their money and took them to extra time.

It was 2-2 after 90 minutes, with Iain Usher and David Atkinson on target for the visitors, but, after a few changes, Lakeside crumbled and the home side hit another four in extra time to win 6-2.

The Ashbrooke Sports Club went out on penalties after they finished 2-2 after 90 minutes against South Moor Sports Club.

Dixon and Clark Stead hit their goals in normal time, but they went down 5-4 in the shoot-out, with Dean Robson missing the decisive spot-kick.

Hendon Athletic faced a very good Burnside WMC team and came up short with a 6-2 defeat.

After a well-fought first half, Burnside went into the break 2-1 up. Bri Carter finished an excellent Hendon move and buried his effort hard past the keeper.

In the second half, Burnside’s fitness and class showed as they overran Hendon to increase their lead. Richie Timm scored Hendon’s second with a well-taken effort, picking up the ball and delicately lobbing the keeper from 20 yards.

Burnside finished the game off when their tricky forwards came off the bench to find the net.

A Gav Murton hat-trick was not enough for Hylton Road Carpets Elite as Shotton Builders Warehouse won an epic showdown by the odd goal in 11.

The game finished 6-5 to the away team, with Murton’s treble supported by strikes from Micky Conlon and Sam Gharsillaoui.

Sunderland Railway Club pushed Bishop Auckland outfit Cockton Hill WMC hard before going down 6-4 to two goals in the final five minutes of a tie which could have gone either way.

Cam Marshall, Tansey, Stewart and Ross Taylor got on the scoreline for Railway.

Brad Young scored a late goal for Saltgrass, but it was in vain as his team were already 4-0 down to hosts West Rainton. Jay McLaren shone for the Saltgrass

Park View got off to a great start by going 2-0 up in the first half against Coundon Miners Arms, through goals from Harrison and Ryan Smith.

But the Miners took advantage of poor defensive work in the second half to progress with four unanswered goals in a 4-2 victory.

It was men against boys as Hebburn Iona battered The Dolphin 11-2, with the home side taught a footballing lesson.

Sweeney and Howatt did manage to slightly reduce the deficit with well-taken goals.

The Westmount’s County Cup debut ended miserably as they were beaten 3-0 by visitors Stockton Storytellers United.

They had chances but failed miserably in front of goal.

Martin Telfer Carpets found visitors Blackhall Hardwick too strong, succumbing to a 4-2 defeat, despite goals from Knight and Brooke.