Sunderland Sunday League: Callaghan the class act as Hylton Castle clinch cup final date

Have your say

Hylton Castle TWR Bifold Doors earned a Total Sport Challenge Cup final spot after beat RCA Grangetown Florists in a close-fought game.

They needed extra time to see off the hosts 4-2 and Tom Callaghan did the damage. His brace took the tie to extra time and further goals from Scott and Cresswell made sure of the victory. Florists goal machine Andy Place fired a double in vain.

Farringdon ISL demolished SR Dons 6-0 to edge closer to the Premier Division title.

Bogie started the scoring with a 20-yard screamer and captain marvel Luke Page jinked his way past three players to poke the ball home for 2-0.

Bewick and Morris made it four before the break. Dons had a chance from the spot, but hit it high and wide. Farra finished the game off as Bell and Page, with his second, made it six.

The Ashbrooke continued their mini-revival with a good 4-3 win over tricky Ryhope Foresters.

Dean Smith grabbed another hat-trick for Ashbrooke and Adam Wasey hit his first for his side. Foresters tried to get back into the game and goals from Kieran Davies and two-goal Dale Spence made it a nervy finish for the visitors but they held firm for the three points.

Silksworth Paragon and Myers shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw.

Earlier, Myers, playing in their second fixture of the week, came up against Hylton Castle TWR Bifold Doors in their local derby, and ran out unlikely 1-0 victors to blow the title race open. Dugdale fired the all important goal.

RCA Grangetown Florists produced an impressive display to beat SR Dons 4-2. Adam Storey hit a hat-trick, followed by a fine effort from Andy Place. Dons had Crossman and Stephenson on target.

Myers also drew 3-3 with Ryhope Foresters.

A Kieran Davies hat-trick was not enough to give Foresters all three points as Myers levelled it up each time, courtesy of goals from Golightly, Dugdale and Wardle.

The Ashbrooke grabbed three unlikely points after beating a much-changed RCA Grangetown Florists side 3-2.

Dean Smith hit a double and Atkinson increased Ashbrooke’s lead, then Andy Place nearly turned the game on its head with a quick double, but the hosts held on to win.

O’Brien Waste Recycling recorded a vital 2-0 win over The Royal Marine to keep them sitting at the top of the First Division.

They are maintaining the pressure on Farra Detached who have games in hand. Peter Marshall shone for Marine.

Farringdon Detached chalked up another convincing win, defeating Ryhope Top House 5-2.

Archbold hit a double, then star man Stevens scored. Top House hit back through Smith and Crisp, but further goals from Burns and Robinson gave Farringdon the win to keep them on track for thee title

Willow Pond took all three points in their 10-goal thriller as they beat Redhouse Last Orders 6-4.

Gales, McDermott and McNulty all hit braces for Willow, while Stewart, Hicks, Oniell and Stokoe replied for Last Orders

Sam Whigham’s hat-trick steered Board Inn to an easy 6-0 Third Division win over a poor Penshaw CC outfit.

Hackett, Dagg and Fairweather finished the scoring

Young and McIntyre had Washington Colliery cruising with two early goals, but Sunderland Railway Club hit back for a point with two goals from Wood and Brannen.

David Dixon and Josh Perry both scored for Ashbrooke Sports Club, in a 2-0 triumph at Martin Telfer Carpets, to increase their points tally as they sit in their runners-up spot. Philip Hodgson shone for the Carpetmen, while Nathan Renton ran the show for Ashbrooke.