Quick-fire Belford House shoot down Bridge

Have your say

ASHBROOKE Belford House, with high hopes of finishing in the top six of the Wearside League, went nap against Darlington Cleveland Bridge after they blasted four goals in a blistering opening 34 minutes.

Tommy Dobbing’s side made a dream start with Stephen Bogie and Mark Green both on target by the 19th minute.

There was no stopping the rampant Wearsiders and after Bogie made it three seven minutes later, he completed a hat-trick just past the half hour mark.

By now it was game, set and match but Ashbrooke didn’t let up and Green took his team’s tally to five with a 62nd-minute strike.

The goals also flowed at Easington Colliery where Seaton Carew won 4-3.

Fortunes ebbed and flowed throughout the afternoon but a turning point came on 32 minutes with the score 2-2. Easington goalkeeper Graeme Pickering was sent off for handling outside the box and Damien Potts took over.

Lee Jones, Jonathan Bolton, Craig Hutchinson and Craig Lines were Seaton’s marksmen with Mark Robinson, Paul Muir and Alex Kempster replying for the Colliers. With six minutes remaining, Seaton also went down to 10 men when Craig Hutchinson was shown a straight red card.

Silksworth Rangers were first to score but Peterlee Town hit back for a 2-1 win. Good work by John Turvey ended with captain Dean Hannah producing a rasping 18-yard shot which flew past Newtowners’ goalkeeper Kyle Donaldson.

Early in the second period, Martin Hope’s chip rebounded off the crossbar and Joe Clayton’s follow-up also hit the woodwork before Callum Mordey headed the second rebound into the net.

Within two minutes, Rangers were behind when a shot from skipper Michael Noble was parried by keeper Joe Clayton and Martin Hope struck from an acute angle.

Late in the game Rangers were denied an equaliser when keeper Donaldson made a tremendous save from John Turvey.

Sunderland West End conceded an added-time equaliser to Hartlepool where they led from the 41st minute with a Brid Thompson penalty, awarded for a handling offence.

Pools were reduced to 10 men in the 88th minute with the dismissal of Alan Hopper but even so, Shane O’Brien nipped in for a late, late equaliser.

Willington extended their lead at the top of the table to nine points with victory at Redcar Athletic who were first to score through Richie Playforth.

Michael Weston levelled before the interval and a draw looked the likely outcome until just before the end Willington broke away for Adam Convery to flick the ball past Redcar goalkeeper Daniel Lynas.

Jarrow claimed a point at Wolviston with the second of two penalties awarded in the space of 60 seconds.

Shaun Gregory gave the home side a 48th-minute lead and on 77 minutes goalkeeper Dan Jeffries saved Brian Johnson’s spot-kick.

Almost immediately, Jarrow were given another penalty and this time Johnson made no mistake.

Annfield Plain are now 10 points clear of bottom-of-the-table Silksworth Rangers following victory at Gateshead Leam Rangers.

Ross Nicholson fired home on five minutes and 13 minutes from time Scott Goldsmith-Scott made a long run on the home goal before firing wide of Jordan Boldon.

Coxhoe Athletic roared into a three-goal interval lead with strikes from Philip Best, Chris Baxter and Brad Cane but were then second best to Boldon CA. Despite their midfield dominance, however, the South Tynesiders were unable to create clear-cut chances and Coxhoe’s goal remained intact.

Kyle Riley and Stephen Telford gave Harton and Westoe the cushion of a two-goals advantage until Mattie Bower reduced Kirkbymoorside’s deficit on the hour mark. Shortly afterwards, the Yorkshiremen were close to an equaliser as Ryan Rivis’ effort was cleared off the line and Harton held on.

Richmond Town will meet Prudhoe Town in the final of the Tyne and Wear LGV Wearside League Cup. They defeated Stockton Town with strikes from Sam Vernalls and Mark Simms.

Prudhoe, who are also through to the last stage of the Monkwearmouth Charity Cup, needed a penalty shoot-out before seeing off Cleator Moor Celtic. Steve Foster and Matthew Sewell were the West Tyne side’s marksmen with Darren Johnson and Leigh Dunn replying for Celtic who lost on penalties 4-3.