Not-so-fab four for Silksworth Rangers

Have your say

SILKSWORTH Rangers scored four goals away from home – yet still lost their Wearside League match.

The Wearsiders shared in a nine-goal thriller at Kimberley Park, but it was Prudhoe Town who emerged winners.

Michael Stafford fired Rangers into a 25th-minute lead, but before the interval Chris Winn and Jake Stafford replied.

Silksworth battled back for a 60th-minute equaliser by Eoin Shannon, but a brace of goals from Winn, which completed a hat-trick, had the home side comfortably 4-2 in front with only 15 minutes left.

Stephen Usher threw the Wearsiders a lifeline with his 80th-minute strike and four minutes later the scores were again level as Anton Crann fired in.

With time running out a 4-4 draw looked the likely outcome, but right at the death Peter Bryson snatched a dramatic winner.

Ashbrooke Belford House appeared to be on the way to victory when they led Willington thanks to a Mark Green brace within 15 minutes.

They held the lead for an hour before David Yorke reduced the deficit and five minutes before the end, Scott Anson beat goalkeeper Brett Wilson for the equaliser.

A goal by Andrew Wilkinson separated Coxhoe Athletic and Jarrow at the halfway stage, but the South Tynesiders went on to dominate the second period.

Goals flowed from Brian Johnson (2), Grant Pressling, Wilkinson, Ross Toward and Stephen Stephenson. Abdoulie Tumkara was credited with Coxhoe’s only reply.

Boldon CA were another side to win easily, yet at the interval they led Hartlepool by just a single goal, scored by Michael Meek in the 45th minute.

Ian Davies levelled, but from then on Pools had their backs to the wall as Boldon went nap courtesy of Shaun Reay (2), Shaun Kell and Robert Ferguson (og).

Gateshead Leam Rangers returned from the long trek to Kirkbymoorside pointless. Carl Richardson opened the scoring on 40 minutes and two minutes later Ryan Rivis pounced after a shot by his brother Jordan had been blocked.

Peterlee Town’s new management pair Paul Frane and Craig Parkinson took charge for the first time, but it was not a winning baptism against Redcar Athletic in the second round of the League Cup.

The Newtowners held their own until the 63rd minute, but two goals in five minutes from Stuart Poulter and Lewis Wood left them chasing the tie and just before the end John Bewick ended their hopes.

Stockton Town also went through at the expense of Darlington Cleveland Bridge, but only after a penalty shoot-out.

Kallum Hannah opened the scoring and Bradley Woods equalised for the Bridge.

There were no further goals following extra time and Stockton progressed 4-3 on penalties.