Noble the prize guy for Thorney Close Inn

Have your say

Thorney Close Inn came out on top in the local derby and silenced their Premier League opponents Farringdon ISL, winning 4-3 in the second round of the League Cup, sponsored by Hendersons Butchers.

Kris Johnson hit fantastic strike to get Thorney under way and that was soon followed by a brace by Davey Baker.

Farringdon got back in the game thanks to Adams, Frame and Taylor, but it was left down to Michael Noble to pop up with the winner.

Henderson Butchers were made to work hard for their win as the plucky Millfield Oddies gave as good as they got.

Halliday got the Butchers in front, but Oddies hit back through Haswell.

However, Butchers’ quality showed and they hit three further goals through Makin, Old and Douthwaite.

Hendon Athletic ran out big 6-1 winners against Park View, who took the lead through Colin.

Hendon outclassed Park View in the second half and hit six unanswered goals courtesy of Bowden, Deacon, Bri Carter, Micky Conner, Richie Timm and Dan Newby.

David Dixon hit an early double as he helped Ashbrooke SC see off Hendon 5-2.

Clapton Davis replied, but Ashbrooke increased their lead as Michael Brown also hit a double.

Imeson hit Hendon’s second, but Matty Teasdale hit the Ashbrooke’s fifth

Woodlands recorded an upset when they defeated Mountain Daisy 3-1.

Middlemas hit a brace and earned man of the match award and Hayes made sure of the win with a late strike. Dom Calvert replied for the Daisy.

Myers just about overcame Royal Marine by the odd goal in three.

Dugdale hit the first for Myers, but the Royal Marine had some quality to hand and Maggoire hit the equaliser.

Steven Thompson hit the winner for Myers, who will have keeper Graham to thank for keeping them in the game

Oddies needed extra time to advance to the next round after beating Ryhope Top House 4-3.

The Snowdon brothers and McNulty were among the goals for Oddies. Ryhope replied through Slee, Eden and McConnell

RCA Grangetown Florists stormed to an 8-1 win over Lakeside SSC

Atkinson hit a treble, Gareth Hill bagged a brace, with nd further goals coming from Petch, Noble and Kemp. Ian Usher replied.

Silksworth Paragon 0-2 Hylton Castle TWR

Hylton Castle TWR’s Kev Gordon hit a goal in each half to send Silksworth Paragon out of the cup.

South Hylton Potters were on another level when they came up against Ryhope Railway Inn, winning 8-1.

Keiron Martin started things off with a couple of goals and John Coomber followed that up with a hat-trick. McConville scored for Ryhope but it didn’t matter as Anderson and a brace from Paul Maw completed the rout.

Southwick ran out 9-0 winners as the Lansdowne blown away.

James Fairley was unplayable after he hit four goals and set up the other five.

Shaun McGregor hit a well taken brace. Anth Ross, Ryan Morse and Mason Burton completed the scoring.

A Kirk Hardy goal wasn’t enough for the Obrien Waste Recycling as SR Dons had just enough to get them through, winning 3-1.

Things are reaching critical for the Vane Arms as they succumbed to another heavy defeat.

The Willow Pond were scoring for fun past the hapless Chris Roach, winning 7-1.

The Willow had McDermott (2), Bland, Taylor, Hurrell and Connor Gales (2) scoring. Ian Donkin hit a consolation goal for Vane.

Jordan Wolfendale hit a brace to set Farringoon on the way to victory against Victoria Gardens, but they were pegged back after Mark Fisk alsos cored two.

Humble scored for the Garden, but Cam Marshall cancelled that out and sent the game to extra time. There was no further goals and it was down to penalties.

Farringdon showed their class and earned a 4-2 shoot-out win.

In the first round, Josh Farquar was the hero for TC Plastics against Pennywell Comrades when he hit a late brace to send his team through to the next round.

Stephenson hit a goal in normal time just after Pennywell had taken the lead, but Farquar had other ideas and got the decisive goals.

In the Total Sport Challenge Trophy, Winlow and Elliot Salicki (2) had New Town 3-0 up at the break against Kings Arms.

Alex Humble, but further goal from Thompson saw Town through.