Hinde’s brace helps seal derby delight for Houghton Chilton Lodge against Dubmire WMC

Have your say

Houghton Chilton Lodge secured a 4-2 derby victory at Dubmire WMC in the JD Taxis Guards Cup, with Adam Hinde the two-goal hero.

Houghton Chilton Lodge secured a 4-2 derby victory at Dubmire WMC in the JD Taxis Guards Cup, with Adam Hinde the two-goal hero.

Ross Meenaghan scored Lodge’s opener, then Dan Thompson set up Hinde for 2-0, with the same player heading in a third from Ben Hodgson’s centre.

Iain Macpherson added a fourth from the spot before Dubmire bagged two consolations.

Kelloe WMC beat Bowburn 4-2, thanks to strikes from Michael Hogg, Lee Hutchinson, Carl Sanderson and Kadam Lumsden-Parnaby. Dan Crisp and Andrew Robinson replied.

Burnside WMC progressed in the Stonebridge Inn League Cup thanks to a 7-3 derby triumph at Houghton.

The visitors’ Craig Ellison scored a penalty and led 5-1 by the break, with James Carman pulling one back.

Houghton were dominant in the second half and dragged themselves back to 5-3, with two goals from Danny Grant.

Burnside struck again thanks to Adam Tweddles and an own goal.

Ellison bagged a treble for Burnside, backed by Kriss Jobling and Elliott Cutts.

Ryan Johnson and Tommy Wray both struck twice for Chester Garden Farm, but still lost 5-4 to Durham County, who had Joe Kerry (2), Alex Hird, Andrew Bartle and Jack Carr on target.

Ferryhill Celtic won 2-1 at Premier outfit Brandon Sports Club. Jason White gave Celtic a second-half lead, but Michael Fort equalised before Luke Thompson grabbed the winner.

Chilton WMC romped home 6-0 at Framwellgate Moor WMC, with Kieran Harnett’s double supported by Vinny Gash, Byron Brown, Nicky Pickford and Dayle Taylor.

Whitehills won 2-1 at Langley Park, who had Stephen Clifford on target. James Cattell and Joe Whelan eased Whitehills through.

Waldridge Park outgunned Houghton Wild Boar All-Stars 7-1 in the Castle Insurance Alan Smith Memorial Trophy.

Boar went ahead when Liam Lusk converted a penalty. Richie Ellis’ spot-kick soon levelled.

Waldridge dominated the second half, hitting six unanswered goals.

Pelton Crown shrugged off the absence of nine first-teamers to defeat Birtley Coach and Horses 5-3.

Keith Lines and Micky Hoyle both struck twice, with Kris Lawton also netting. Aaron McEwen, Alex Nicholson and James Ward replied.

Bearpark won a feisty Fourth Division derby at Durham Buffaloes Head 2-1.

Bearpark took the lead with Dylan Crooks’ nicely placed shot.

Buffaloes levelled when Gary Peart’s free-kick was missed by everyone and bounced into the top corner.

Beapark, though, clinched the win when Crooks converted a soft penalty late on.

Lumley were hanging on at the end after leading 4-0 against Witton Gilbert Travellers Rest.

Michael Halpin (2), Dan Melvin and Brett Russell had Lumley cruising, but Witton rallied brilliantly in the second half, pulling three goals back through Scott Bradley (2) and David Lumley, and only being denied a leveller by the crossbar and a disallowed goal.

Ouston Juniors eased home 5-1 against Newton Hall Jovial Monk, for whom Michael Wile hit a consolation.

Matthew Cornish, Cal Winship, Matthew McAdam, Jack Dickinson Carl Moxon gave Ouston the points.

Lumley Snooker Club eased to a 7-0 Third Division win at Hetton New Inn.

Ben Haddock and Dan Youngs both fired hat-tricks, with Anth Jones adding a late seventh from the penalty spot.

Washington Jays secured a 4-2 home win over Quarrington Hill WMC.

Phil Murray headed home a set-piece opener, but Hill levelled. Chris Cook’s penalty and a thunderbolt from Michael Alcock steered Jays 3-1 up.

Cook then ran through to slot home a fourth before the visitors hit a consolation, the keeper’s long kick bouncing over the defence, allowing the striker to lob home goalie Mark Fish.

In Division Two, Bede Lodge SC went down 5-3 at High Handenhold Bird Inn.

Dan Watkins (2), Jonathan Swift (2) and Thomas Illingworth steered Bird home, with Daniel Mann and Michael Cooper (2) replying.

Bishop Middleham pipped visitors Ushaw Moor Cricket Club 3-2 after trailing to Michael Abson’s early goal.

Liam Hamblin, Adam Partington and Ian Brabon capped a fine home display before Abson replied.

Chester Britannia squeezed home 4-3 in a thrilling Premier Division derby at Hilda Park.

Jak Gordon fired Hilda in front, but Britannia soon equalised and took a 3-1 interval lead.

Gordon cut the deficit before Brit, whose scorers were Brinsley Sheridan (2), Darren Redfern and Cameron Nichol, made it 4-2. Chris Duke scored a thunderbolt for Hilda late on.

After going a goal down, Sacriston WMC fought back to outgun Pelaw Grange Dogs 5-1, thanks to Chris Mordue’s hat-trick and a Ben Sanderson brace.

Newton Aycliffe WMC ran out 4-1 winners against Pelton RAOB, courtesy of goals from Mark Wood, Sean Johnson, Stuart Owen and Corey Nicholson.

Sherburn Village WMC were thumped 7-3 by Sedgefield St Edmund’s, who stormed four up by half-time.

Glenn Donaldson bagged four goals, backed by Brian Fairhurst, Stephen Flocked and Andrew Beamson.

Durham County Seniors sealed a fine 3-2 First Division success at Ferryhill Dynamoes.

Marco Oswald’s free-kick had Dynamoes on top, but Mark Hughes and Ross Wilkinson quickly had County 2-1 up.

Andrew Ward added a third before Chris Devine brought it back to 3-2.

Ouston Cherry Tree maintained their 100 per cent record, crushing Chester Park Inn 7-2.

Andrew Clarkson had a day to savour, hitting six goals, with Damon Ellis also on target.

New Brancepeth WMC had to scrap hard to beat West Rainton 2-0.

Sub Anthony Holliday scored after a great solo run, then Anthony Bussey fired home an unstoppable penalty to seal the win.