Easington hit six after trailing

Have your say

ASHBROOKE Belford House were sent crashing out of the Wearside League Cup – after storming into a two-goal lead inside 20 minutes on Saturday.

Nathan Burrell’s well-taken brace had Belford in charge, but high-flying visitors Easington Colliery who mounted a spirited rally to run out convincing 6-2 victors.

Right on the stroke of half-time, Kyle Morris threw Easington a lifeline and, three minutes after resuming, it was all square following Shane O’Brien’s strike.

Man of the match Morris then rifled a second-half hat-trick to take his personal tally to four as Easington took total control and, just before the end, Adam Drysdale made it six for Paul Frame’s side.

Boldon CA also came from behind to defeat Harton and Westoe in the South Tyneside derby.

Shaun Edwards raised the hopes of Harton with the opener, but, after Shaun Heads levelled, Boldon romped home with second-half strikes from Nathan Bell and Liam Clark, who each bagged a brace.

Spennymoor Town Reserves also went through when goals by Carl Beasley (2) and Reece Brown earned them a comfortable win at home to Leam Rangers.

Redcar Athletic roared into a four-goal lead courtesy of James Swan (2), Joe Black and Keiran Stares and it wasn’t until the last minute until Whitehaven’s Brad Dryden grabbed a consolation strike.

Silksworth CW successfully defended late pressure by Wolviston to book their place in the Durham Trophy quarter-finals – and a home date with Spennymoor Town Reserves.

It was a close call, though, and in added time the home side missed a golden opportunity to take the tie into extra time.

Robert Hall converted a 17th-minute penalty as Silksworth started brightly. When Adam Storey and Dan Martin took the Wearsiders’ total to three goals by the 72nd minute, they looked home and dry.

But Ryan Hebb cut the deficit with a direct free-kick from 20 yards and. two minutes from the end, Luke Bennington scrambled the ball into the net for 3-2 and it was game on.

The Colliers breathed a sigh of relief, though, when first Wolviston failed to accept the easiest of chances and the referee then blew the final whistle.