Bogie nets treble for Ashbrooke

Have your say

ASHBROOKE Belford House coasted into the first round of the Wearside League Cup when they were never troubled by Annfield Plain at Silksworth.

Two goals ahead inside 22 minutes, Tommy Dobbing’s side added a third before the break and eventually ended 4-2 winners.

A superb hat-trick by Stephen Bogie earned him the man-of-the-match award. His first strike on 10 minutes came from 30 yards and gave Annfield goalkeeper Michael Smith no chance.

He struck again with another excellent finish and made it three on the hour mark, once more leaving Smith helpless.

In between, Mark Green also netted. Annfield’s first reply came from Scott Nicholson when they trailed by three goals and he was again on target in the last minute.

Easington Colliery just edged Silksworth Rangers when an only goal by Jack Honour, who converted a cross from Johnny Bowes, was all that separated the sides.

Boldon CA went out to Hartlepool where they played almost the entire second half with nine men following the dismissal of Michael Meek and Gary Brooks.

At this stage they trailed to goals by Ian Davies and Steve Chapman (pen) but despite their numerical disadvantage levelled, thanks to David Hopper and Jonathan Murray. In stoppage time though, Pools clinched victory as Jamie Williams struck.

Willington, who have applied for promotion, hammered Harton and Westoe with the superb Paul Bayles scoring six times. James Seymour added a brace and Harton’s only reply came from Stephen Telford when his team were six goals behind.

Kevin Dixon, Stephen Foster and Jamie Henderson eased Prudhoe Town through to the next stage at the expense of Kirkbymoorside whose only reply came late in the game from Chris Rhodes.

Coxhoe Athletic, who defeated Chester le Street Whitehills by the odd goal at the first attempt, won their Durham Trophy replay by a much more convincing three-goal margin. John Cook rifled a hat-trick with Kyle Scott also on the mark. Gary Draper replied for the Cestrians.

The tie was ordered to be replayed by Durham FA because the referee refused Whitehills permission to introduce a fourth substitute in the initial game.

In the League, Sunderland West End consolidated fifth place with victory at Wolviston where David Keighley scored the only goal on eight minutes. Just before the end, Anthony Brown missed a good chance to equalise.

Jarrow are fourth and they too won by a single goal, at Seaton Carew where Nick Kane netted with only 10 minutes remaining.

Stockton Town are the new leaders following victory over Cleator Moor Celtic who led courtesy of Leigh Dunn. Kallum Hannah restored parity and he scored the winner two minutes into added time.