Firefighters isolate fuse after smell of smoke causes concern in early hours

The call out was made to Nursery Road in Silksworth. Image copyright Google Maps.
The call out was made to Nursery Road in Silksworth. Image copyright Google Maps.

A householder called for help after concerns the electricity system in his house was causing a smell of smoke.

A crew from North Moor Fire Station were called to a house in Nursery Road in Silksworth just after 3am today when a man reported he could smell fumes.

He had already disconnected a section of the fuses in its electricity system, with a thermal imaging camera used by the firefighters to check the console, which was stored under the stairs.

They found a cut off fuse was overheating and managed to disconnect it.

An engineer from Northern Powergrid was called out to the house to carry out further checks.