Unattended appliance sparks blaze at Sunderland home

A fire broke out at a Sunderland home after an appliance was left unattended.

Saturday, 3rd September 2016, 9:30 am
Updated Saturday, 3rd September 2016, 10:36 am
Onslow Street, Sunderland. Image: Google Maps

Firefighters from Sunderland Central were called to Onslow Street, in Pallion, at 4pm yesterday where the living room was on fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The house was badly damaged by the blaze, which is believed to have been started by an electrical appliance that was left on when the occupants went out.

Free smoke detectors and home fire safety checks are available from the fire service. Contact your local station to find out more.