Last month, Italian chef Nello Russo, from Angelo's Ristorante, treated is to tiramisu and turkey in honour of the Christmas season. But now the January detox has arrived, and we're talking cod.
With more of us than ever cooking and entertaining at home, the pressure is on to impress your guests (and yourself) with a tasty and satisfying meal.
But in the interests of not driving yourself mad, it's always good to have a simple recipe. So we've turned to Nello Russo, the country's best Italian chef, for inspiration.
READ MORE: Cook pasta with Nello
READ MORE: Cook sea bass with Nello
Last month, Nello, who wows diners at Angelo's Ristorante in West Sunniside, taught us how to make a show-stopping tiramisu, and how to put an Italian twist on Christmas.
But 'tis the season to be healthy now, so this month we're looking a delicious fish dish. Follow award-winning Nello's recipe here.
450g of cod fillet, skinned and cut into four pieces
Four tbsp of sundried tomato paste
75g of fresh breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Finely grated lemon zest
200g of cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Brush a baking sheet with the oil. Place the cod on it and season before spreading each piece with a sundried tomato paste.
3. Now mix the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley and the remaining paste and olives in a bowl.
4. Next place the delicious mixture on top of each piece of fish.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes with cherry tomatoes, garlic and white wine
6. Arrange artfully on your best plates, and place the fish on top!