LOOKING for something to do? Then here’s a list of the hottest tickets in the North East this weekend:
• Lee Evans – Monsters, Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle - Record breaking comic Lee Evans will be ending his three night run in Newcastle this Saturday, November 8.
His first tour in three years see’s Evans perform in front of the largest number of fans yet and is sure to get the audience going with his unique brand of anxious humour. Tickets from £30 and limited to 6 per person.
• Festival of Remembrance Concert, Durham Cathedral – The centenary of the First World War will see Durham Cathedral host the Festival of Remembrance Concert this Saturday, November 8, as a tribute to all who lost their lives. Backed by an exceptional cast, the night will be compered by the writer and narrator of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo, Alasdair Hutton. Tickets from £15 with all proceeds going to The Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal and ABF The Soldiers’ Charity.
• Beauty and the Beast, Sunderland Empire – The Birmingham Royal Ballet’s production of the gothic fairy-tale classic will be finishing its North East run with a final matinee performance this Saturday, November 8. Tickets from £14.90
• Big Mouth Comedy Club, Middlesbrough Town hall – Compered by Danny McLoughlin who has supported Sean Lock and Micky Flanagan, the countries top up and coming comedians will be coming to Middlesbrough this Saturday, November 8.
The headline act of the night will be coming from Eddy Brimson who has worked alongside Jimmy Carr and Miranda Hart. Tickets £12.50 and must be 18+
• The Specials, 02 Academy Newcastle - Fronted by Terry Hall and in the midst of a 22 date tour The Specials will be bringing their own brand of Ska infused tunes to Newcastle this Sunday, November 9. Tickets £45