Sunderland dad-to-be locked up for 50 Cent concert attacks

Rapper 50 Cent.
Rapper 50 Cent.

A dad-to-be has now been put behind bars for attacks on two fans at a 50 Cent gig.

Alexander McHugh headbutted a man and bit a 16-year-old boy on the cheek during a concert at Newcastle's Metro Radio Arena in November 2015.

The world famous rapper had to intervene with words from the stage to have the fight broken up.

At Newcastle Crown Court in May last year McHugh was given a suspended prison term after he pleaded guilty to wounding and assault.

But the 20-year-old thug, of Runnymeade Road, Red House, Sunderland, has now had the jail term activated for pouring petrol over a car during a row, which means he will miss the birth of his baby.

The court heard, while on the suspended sentence, in May this year, McHugh had fallen out with his pregnant girlfriend and began making threats after turning up at her home.

During an angry confrontation at her home the following day, McHugh poured petrol over her mother's car, which resulted in the fire service having to hose the vehicle down to make it safe.

His former partner told police she was "hurt, angry and upset" by what happened .

McHugh pleaded guilty to a public order offence and has now been put behind bars.

Judge Simon Batiste told him: "Clearly it would have caused a great deal of alarm and the fire service had to be called out.

"It was highly threatening behaviour by someone who knew at the time they were subject to a suspended sentence order.

"Realistically, you have had every chance and thrown it back in the court's face.

"The time has come that only an immediate custodial sentence can be justified.

"A consequence of your behaviour is you are likely to miss the birth of your child. You have no-one to blame but yourself."

Judge Batiste sentenced McHugh, who has a criminal record, to one month behind bars for the public order offence plus 15 months for the concert attacks.

Lee Fish, defending, said said McHugh was hurt by claims made during the row and added: "The defendant reacted angrily to this and behaved in the way described by the prosecution.

"It was not assisted by the fact he had consumed alcohol.

"He is now 20, about to become a father and needs to grow up."

Mr Fish said McHugh, who has already breached the suspended sentence order once before, would comply with any future order if given "just one last chance" and that alcohol was the "key factor" in his bad behaviour.

It was on November 7, 2015, that McHugh, along with a large group of people, attended the 50 Cent gig at Newcastle's Metro Radio arena.

He head butted a member of the crowd after being pushed and within minutes he then went on to attack the second victim, who was only 16.