Looking for a last-minute gift for the sports fan or culture vulture in your life? There’s plenty still on offer online in Sunderland.
Aspiring musicians have the chance to use high-tech equipment, with songs mixed and tuned by expert sound engineers, at The Bunker.
For more info, visit www.bunkeruk.com
1) For something more arty, why not try the National Glass Centre?
The centre runs regular workshops offering visitors the chance to craft their own unique piece of memorabilia – visit www.nationalglasscentre.com
2) For theatre lovers, tickets to Sunderland Empire’s Ambassador Lounge include champagne, chocolates, a gift, and nibbles for the show.
3) A tour of the Stadium of Light is the perfect gift for any Black Cats fan. The club shop also offers a range of gifts, many of which can be personalised.
To book a tour, visit www.safc.com/the-club/stadium/stadium-tours.
4) If you’ve got a sports maniac fan to cater for, budding Lewis Hamiltons can be put through their paces at Karting North East.
Find more info at www.kartingnortheast.com.
5) To find the perfect gift for aquatic adrenaline junkies, visit Sunderland’s Marine Activities Centre, which offers lessons from canoeing and surfing to water-skiing.
6) If present buying is driving you up the wall, why not embrace the fact?
Sunderland Wall has more than 900 square metres of climbing and bouldering, presenting challenges suitable for all levels of climbers. For more info, visit: www.sunderlandwall.co.uk
7) For a more relaxed sporting experience, what about fly-fishing tuition at Sharpley Springs, just off the A690?
An experienced coach will oversee fly fishing lessons for the solitary fisher or accommodate some parent/child bonding. More info can be found at www.sharpleysprings.blogspot.co.uk/p/tuition.