Revealed: The 13 Sunderland businesses with a one-star food hygiene rating
These 13 Sunderland restaurants, shops, takeaways and businesses have all been given low food hygiene ratings by the Food Standards Agency.
0 is the lowest rating, but happily none of the hundreds of premises in Sunderland achieved this score in their latest inspection.
However, all the premises featured here achieved a food hygiene rating of 1 - the second-lowest score.
They were all inspected between January 2016 and December 2017 - their latest inspection date is noted.
Each business is given a hygiene rating when it is inspected by a food safety officer from the local authority.
Inspection criteria include:
* How hygienically the food is handled
* How it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored
* The condition of the structure of the buildings
* The cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities
* How the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe
At the end of the inspection, the business is given one of the six ratings from 0-5.
* The Food Standards Agency can be contacted on 0207 2104850.