One person taken to hospital after being affected by chemical fumes in Sunderland

One person has been taken to hospital in Sunderland after inhaling chemical fumes.

Monday, 4th December 2017, 1:37 pm
Updated Tuesday, 12th December 2017, 1:31 am
Fulwell Road. Picture from Google Images

Crews from Farringdon, Sunderland, South Shields, and Elswick fire stations were called to deal with an incident at a hydrotherapy pool in Fulwell Road.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: "Two substances have been mixed with each other and have given off some fumes.

"Three people were affected. Two were treated at the scene and one was taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital.

"The chemicals were contained and environmental health called to collect them."