Mercury spill at Sunderland home

Firefighters had to call in a special appliance to deal with a chemical spillage at a house in Sunderland.

Friday, 2nd December 2016, 8:45 am
Updated Tuesday, 6th December 2016, 4:02 pm
Argyle Square. Picture from Google Images

A crew from Sunderland Central fire station used breathing apparatus and drafted in assistance from Newcastle after they were called to deal with mercury from a broken thermometer at a house in Argyle Square, Ashbrooke, just after 6pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

No-one was hurt.