Man treated for smoke inhalation after kitchen fire

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in his kitchen.

Sunday, 24th April 2016, 3:48 pm
Updated Sunday, 24th April 2016, 4:48 pm
Firefighters were called to a kitchen blaze in Stewart Street, Sunderland, today. Image: Google Street View

Two crews from Sunderland Central and North Moor fire stations were called to the blaze in Stewart Street, in Barnes, Sunderland, today.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A fire had broken out in the kitchen of a first floor maisonette within a three-storey terraced property at 1.39pm.

A man, who had left the property by the time firefighters arrived, was given oxygen and treated for slight smoke inhalation, but did not need any further medical assistance.

The cooker and kitchen were damaged in the blaze and the rest of the maisonette was left smoke damaged.