A probe is being carried out to find the cause of a blaxe which has left the loft of a house damaged.
A team of eight firefighters from North Moor Fire Station were called to Gayhurst Crescent in Mill Hill, Sunderland, after the fire was discovered in the loft of the semi-detached home.
The crew used a hose reel to put out the blaze, with the water leaving the ceiling of the upstairs damaged.
The two officers using breathing apparatus helped tackle the fire, with thermal image camera used to seek out the hot spots and a fan brought in to clear the house of fumes.
The incident happened at 4.40pm yesterday.