The hunt is on for Wearside's best curry house - which is your favourite?
We are on the search for the best Curry House of 2016.
A balti or bhuna? Spicy and hot, to mild and creamy, there’s nothing us Brits love more than a curry, and with more than 9,000 Indian restaurants in the UK everyone has their favourite!
Now we want you to tell us which local Indian curry restaurant gets your vote. And who will it be?
It could be because of the fresh and innovative cuisine, traditional-style dishes, select and exclusive dishes you can find in only the restaurant you use.
Perhaps you love the friendly staff, the traditional style or the outrageous décor of the restaurant? Maybe it’s so much more than a place you go to for a curry?
We have drawn up a shortlist of restaurants and eateries in the Echo’s area which will compete for the title of Curry House of the Year 2016.
The details of eligible curry houses will be printed in the paper – and published online – until Saturday, April 16.
So who is deserving of a place in our top 10?
To vote from the list, simply return the coupon which you’ll find in the paper to us, stating the full name and address and voting number of the curry house you wish to nominate.
Nominations close on Friday, April 22, at 10am, and original coupons are the only way to vote for your favourite.
Please be aware, photocopied or defaced coupons will not be accepted.
Coupons hand delivered to the office or coupons that are received after the closing date will also not be accepted.
Here’s the list to choose from:
1. Palm Sugar, 69 Claypath, Durham.
2. The Capital, 69 Claypath, Durham.
3. Zafflong, Broomside Lane, Durham.
4. Shaheen’s Indian Bistro, 48 North Bailey, Durham.
5. The Spice Lounge, St Nicholas Cottage, Market Place, Durham.
6. Alishaan, 50-51 North Road, Durham.
7. Millennium Restaurant, 30 Front St, Framwellgate Moor, Durham.
8. Cookson Spice, Cookson Terrace, Chester-le-Street, Houghton-le-Spring.
9. Le Raaj, Front St, Chester Moor, Houghton-le-Spring.
10. Sunarga, 5 Leybourne Hold, Birtley, Houghton-le-Spring.
11. Himalaya CLS Authentic Indian Restaurant, 11 South Burns, Houghton-le-Spring.
12. Memories of India, 3 Pelaw Bank, Houghton-le-Spring.
13. Vermilion, 67 Newbottle St, Houghton-le-Spring.
14. Naz Haven Restaurant, 73 Front St, Houghton-le-Spring.
15. Penshaw Tandoori, 13 Chester Rd, Penshaw, Houghton-le-Spring.
16. Spice Raja, Manor High Street, Easington Lane, Houghton-le-Spring.
17. Makhani, 8-10 Market St, Hetton-le-Hole, Houghton-le-Spring.
18. Mumbai Exemplary Indian Cuisine, 63 Front St, Haswell Plough, Durham.
19. Divan Khanah, 5 Elswick Rd, Armstrong, Washington.
20. Concord Tandoori, 2 Victoria Road, Washington.
21. Papadoms, 116 High Street West, Sunderland.
22. Bengal Dream, 4 Albion Place, Sunderland.
23. Midnight Moon Spice, 1-2 Olive St, Sunderland.
24. Motiraj Tandoori Restaurant, 6-7 Church Lane, Sunderland.
25. Spice Empire, 3 Church Lane, Sunderland.
26. Yuvraaj Indian Restaurant, 6-7 Douro Terrace, Sunderland.
27. The Monsoon Kitchen, 1 North Bridge Street, Castletown, Sunderland.
28. Zeba, 8-11 N Bridge St, Sunderland.
29. Shagorika Restaurant, 3 Queen’s Parade, Seaburn, Sunderland.
30. Goa, 6 Queens Parade Sunderland.
31. Ashoka, 15 North Terrace, Seaham.
32. Sagar Indian Cuisine, Unit 5, Featherbed Court, Seaham.