The highs and lows of Charlotte Crosby's Geordie Shore career
Sunderland reality TV star Charlotte Crosby has announced she's leaving Geordie Shore.
The 26-year-old, from Biddick Woods, took to Twitter earlier today to tell her 2.8million followers that she was calling it quits after five years on the show.
Charlotte, a former St Anthony’s School pupil, recently opened up about a heartbreaking ectopic pregnancy in an exclusive interview with Heat magazine.
She revealed that while on-off romance Gaz Beadle, who has also been in Geordie Shore since 2011, was filming Ex on the Beach in Thailand, she was going through emergency surgery after going to hospital with severe pain, cramping and bleeding.
Now, she’s revealed she’s leaving Geordie Shore because of “a certain some1”.
She said: “I have made the very hard decision to leave the show, it’s something I have went back and forth with for a while now.”
Here we look back on some of Charlotte’s highs and lows during her time on the MTV show:
• Perhaps the biggest high and low of Charlotte’s time on the reality show, which follows a group of lads and lasses as they party in and around Newcastle, has been her tumultuous on-off relationship with Gaz.
Their under-the-duvet antics were featured heavily on screen and the relationship has left Charlotte so upset at times, that she broke down in tears on a recent episode of Celebrity Juice when she was quizzed about him.
The reality star also recently hinted that she may leave the show during an interview on This Morning.
Charlotte told hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield that she thinks she’s going to have to quit the show in time.
• Geordie Shore fans have seen Charlotte hitting the booze on the show many times, and earlier this year, she was caught behind the wheel while under the influence for the second time.
The former Ttonic barmaid was given an 18-month driving ban in 2012 after police caught her at the wheel while twice the legal limit.
She pleaded guilty to drink-driving and was given a ban and a £250 fine. She was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £15 and £85 costs.
The second conviction seems to have dashed her dreams of breaking America.
She was caught driving her Range Rover in the early hours after drinking on the train home from London to Newcastle.
Two police officers witnessed her weaving down the road and, after pulling her over, a breath test showed she was over double the legal limit.
She pleaded guilty to the charge after the incident on January 28.
She had 80 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, compared with the legal limit of 35, and was told to pay £1,185 in fines and costs.
This latest indiscretion means she is now unable to get a visa to travel to the USA.
• Charlotte’s popularity was put to the test when she appeared on Celebrity Big Brother in 2013. She went on the win the show after becoming a firm favourite among viewers.
• She has also been very open about her struggles with weight gain and has inspired women to get fit with her fitness DVDs 3 Minute Belly Blitz and 3 Minute Bum Blitz.
When asked about it during her recent This Morning appearance, Charlotte denied that she had purposely gained weight in order to lose it again and cash in by pushing a fitness plan.
She said her lifestyle had caused her weight gain and that it was her mum who pushed her to make the change, saying they’d had a big argument one night when her mum caught her eating McDonald’s in the bathroom.
• One of Charlotte’s most recent sexual exploits on Geordie Shore saw her enjoy an impromptu night of passion with female co-star Chloe Ferry. The encounter proved a big talking point for viewers.
• Charlotte has also released an autobiography, entitled Me Me Me, and a book of recipes and diet tips, called Live Fast Lose Weight.
Charlotte is currently appearing in the Geordie Shore Big Birthday Battle on MTV, which sees teams, headed up by her and Gaz, competing against each other to throw the best party nights.