Grill sparks kitchen fire in Durham home

editorial image
Have your say

A Durham resident had a lucky escpae after his home filled with smoke after a grill caught fire.

The man had been cooking in his property in Stackgarth, Brandon, Durham at 9pm, yesterday, when the fire started.

Two crews from Durham fire station called to the home found the kitchen smoke logged.

The man, who was unhurt, had been able to leave the property to raise the alarm.

Ventilation equipment was used to clear the kitchen of smoke.