Floor cleaner sparks blaze at Asda warehouse in Washington

editorial image
0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a supermarket warehouse in Washington after an industrial floor cleaner caught fire.

Workers at the Asda warehouse in Mandarin Way, Pattison Industrial Estate, extinguished the blaze before firefighters arrived.

The floor cleaner had over-heated and caught fire at just after midnight today.

Staff used a foam extinguisher and two carbon dioxide extinguishers to battle the blaze.

Two fire engines from Washington Station and another from Birtley attended the scene.

Firefighters disconnected the liquid petroleum gas cylinder, used to power the cleaner, and the battery to make it safe.

No one was injured.